Friday, 31 October 2014

Introduction

So I have no idea how you may have stumbled across this, but welcome! My name is Raphael, rapha on NuggetBridge, and I play VGC. As of this writing I've yet to actually attend even a regional so don't think of me as a Worlds caliber player or anything, I'm just using this as a platform for my musings on Pokemon. As far as tournaments I've actually attended in my limited VGC career, I've placed 5th and second place twice in British Columbia Premier Challenges (arguably the most competitive in North America due to the high attendances and number of high caliber players). I was a singles player from late RSE up until the start of XY, but watching the battles from Worlds 2013 had piqued my interest in the doubles format, and now, I play it exclusively. Local tournaments will probably the focal point of this blog until I start attending larger tournaments, so the upcoming posts will be team and tournament reports. In the future I also plan on covering all of our local tournaments regardless of how well I do, and might also look back at the two from last season.

This blog honestly isn't the most creative idea someone's ever come up with, but I thought it'd be fun to write about everything from my tournament experiences or just general thoughts on competitive Pokemon, even if it's not important or interesting enough to post a report on on NuggetBridge. So, please stick around, and thank you for reading. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment